Image Map

. . .And We're Off!


Tomorrow is my first day of school with students!  It's time to meet a whole new "Forest of First Graders" as my outside, back to school bulletin board suggests.  I went for a Lorax and Truffula Tree theme to welcome my new students.  As I have said before, the best ideas are ones you have borrowed from another.  I was inspired by Mrs. Lodge, a librarian.  She made Truffula trees out of tissue paper, wire, pipe insulators and yellow duct tape.  She decided to blog about her idea.  Here's how my 3D Truffula Trees look.  I love them!  For the directions click here to be sent to Mrs. Lodge's Library.


One of the reasons why I enjoy first grade so much is because I can clearly see a huge progression from September - June.  They learn so much and magically go from being unable to read and write independently, to being sophisticated readers and writers before my very eyes.   This joy also leads to one of my biggest challenges about teaching first grade--starting over at the beginning in September!  I need to keep the learning ahead in mind and remind myself that it's time to start at the beginning; they'll get there.  I'm looking forward to a great school year and to continuing to share ideas with you.  Good night!  May we all have a spectacular 2012-2013 school year.



No comments:

Post a Comment