Image Map

Mr. Giso's Room to Read's Bright Idea #11

Use a Hanging Closet Jewelery Organizer 
for Your Center Rotation Display

Looking for a way to display your center rotations that is quick to make, inexpensive, and (best of all) portable?  I've done magnets, Velcro, posters, pocket charts, index cards and those library card pockets that always rip--all to no avail.  I found this handy dandy jewelery organizer in a local craft store on clearance and knew I could use it for something.  They come in all sizes, shapes and patterns like this one...


When I brought it into school, I thought it would be perfect to use each row of the organizer as a center choice with popsicle sticks to display each student's name.  Since I already had my center icons, it was pretty easy to put together.  Here is what the whole thing looks like.  I can hang it anywhere.  Anyone that knows me would appreciate my being able to use the side of my easel for display purposes!  I'm not an animal print kind of guy, but it works for me.



Here's a close up of how nicely these little cards with each student's name fit into the pockets.



I have larger signs around the room (see below) that match the center icons.  Some of the clipart you see is free for teachers from Shutterstock.  Just click here to visit the website.  



Lastly, I have clipped a signed contract going over the rules for center time as we all know how crucial effective classroom management is for a successful and productive center block!  Hope this tip works for you.



2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love that it can be easily moved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was one of those moments when you are in the craft store, see something on marked down and you say to yourself, "I know I can do something with it." I can move it anywhere without losing any board space. :)

    ReplyDelete