Image Map

Teacher Week '13 Day 2 ~ Check Out My Classroom

As you may have heard, all this week I am joining Blog Hopin' in celebrating Teacher Week '13!  Each day this week is a different topic.  Today is all about classroom digs.  I have to say that setting up a classroom is my favorite thing to do.  I love the bins, bulletin boards, name tags, bins, new supplies and did I mention bins?  My goal in this post is to make you all feel better if your classroom is currently a work in progress.  As you may know, I moved schools after a whoppin' 15 years of accumulating junk teaching tools.   

My new first and second graders do not start until after Labor Day.  Here are some pictures of what I have managed to do in a matter of two days.  WARNING!  Scary classroom alert.  Be prepared and forewarned.  Here is my home away from home early this morning.  Believe it or not, it's a huge improvement from yesterday.


Check out a finished section of four shelves.  I use curtains with tension rods to cover up materials that we don't need everyday as well as materials that look a little on the messy side.  Underneath I have cut up magazines, random supplies, newspapers, etc.  See- through containers are the best; no labels needed here.


Here are my cabinets.  I have more clear bins (to make the contents visible).  I always suggest to utilize as much storage space as you can.  Think of adding bins in those highest of places and be sure to invest in a nice and safe step stool.  


Here is a close up of my math manipulatives in BINS.  The labels are part of my All in One Mathematics Center that you can get by clicking HERE.  I really like how all the same type of bins gives off a uniform look.


Here you see a tiny "glimpse" of my classroom library.  I'm a book fanatic.  I had help all day from a good friend getting this part of my classroom together.  I will be making huge strides tomorrow in the AM.


Please check out a slide show of clips from my old classroom in the right hand margin.  Come back to visit for a tour of my new room once it is all done.

Now I'm off to check out your wonderful classrooms.  I can't wait to be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment