Image Map

A Number Story Solving Guide Visual

Happy Monday, friends!  Today I introduced solving number stories with my first graders.  It was after lunch. They did pretty well.  I immediately made a note that some of my students relied on their fingers to solve the number stories.  This may be all well and good, but they need to move on to a more practical way, as not all number stories involve numbers ten or less.  I also observed that some students knew very well that when "Frank caught 7 fish and threw 6 back, he was left with 1," but did not have a strategy to explain their thinking or to show their work.  Before I head to bed, I quickly made up this visual.  Click here to see this visual in my Tpt store. Look forward to an update when I use this product tomorrow afternoon.

Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment