Image Map

Mr. Giso's Ideas to Learn at Home #1

Be a Scientist for a Day

Thank you Smithsonian National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute.  You can go to their website and view a live webcam of many of their animals in their natural "zoo" habitats.  Watch their naked mole-rats, giant pandas, lions and elephants.  Be patient because sometimes these living things can be hiding from us.  

You can make a scientist's journal page by copying the one in the picture below or printing it out if you're able to.  Draw and record what you see (OBSERVE).  Draw and record why you think you are seeing what you're seeing (INFER).  Record your wonderings (QUESTION).  Once you click on a cam, there should be a FAQ (frequently answered questions) icon to click on to search for answers to your questions.  You can visit the cams whenever you want.  Have fun being a zoologist recording animal behaviors.

Print out my "Webcam Notes" page by clicking HERE.
Visit the Smithsonian National Zoo by clicking HERE.



Write in a Daily Journal

Another great activity can be to create a journal.  Feel free to write and illustrate a picture whenever you are in the mood.  You can use a notebook you may have at home, staple a bunch of pages together to make a book, or print out my journal pages like you see in the pictures below.

Mr. Giso's Journal Idea #1



Since Sant Patrick's Day is this week, here is a journal idea for you.  What does luck mean to you?  Do you have a good luck charm or a lucky number?  Write about it.  If you are one of my students writing me a virtual journal, send me your thoughts and I will tell you about my lucky number and my good luck charm.  Here is a sneak peek.



Print out my "Journal Pages" by clicking HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment