Image Map

Mr. Giso's Ways to Learn at Home #4

"Maybe: A Story About the Endless Potential in All of Us" 
Read Aloud and Journal

Happy Wednesday.  Today, we have a special read aloud and journal prompt put together by Ms. Cipoletti.  She's our guest student teacher from Salem State University.  Ms.  Cipoletti picked a book that was new to me.  I loved hearing it.  The illustrations are very different, too.  She does such a good job making sure that we have time to enjoy the illustrations.  Miss Cipoletti is also reading the "Little LuLu" series by Judith Viorst. I love these book so much.  There are now 4 published.  (Many of you read these with me).  They are a great read aloud for children and adults of any age.  Children in second grade and up can even work on reading them independently.


This book really is important because of its message.  Maybe is written by Kobi Yamada and illustrated by Gabriella Barouch.  It explains how all of us (big adults and small children) have lots of possibilities out there.  We can be anything and do anything.  I learned that no matter how young or how old you are, we never know what new things can come our way.  I have been thinking what possibilities are out there for me?


Click HERE to watch and to listen to Ms. Cipoletti read aloud this book. In the beginning, she will tell you an idea for a writing about reading--perfect for a journal.  I will explain what you can write, below too.

Write in a Daily Journal after Reading

Mr. Giso's Journal Idea #4 (Brought to you by Ms. Cipoletti)

After reading and listening to Maybe, write down what are your dreams.  You are important to us!  What makes you important?  Anyone can email me your journal, and I will make sure to send it to Ms. Cipoletti so she can hear your answers.  We love and miss you.


Print out my "Journal Pages" by clicking HERE if you'd like to have some paper.  There's a spot for an illustration, too.  Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment